Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ich habe genug



It's a bit of a tangent from opera, but J.S. Bach, I believe, should always be shared. In an effort to surround myself with music appropriate to Ash Wednesday, I checked out from the local library this CD of Bach cantatas and arias by Ian Bostridge, a singer who had been on my "to investigate" list for a long time. (I'm only a few years behind music reviewers everywhere in my "discoveries," it would seem...) I'm glad I did. Bostridge has a lovely, clear sound, and exquisite diction. I thought he did a nice job with the emotional range of the pieces, too. Here you can listen to him singing BWV 82a, "Ich habe genug," which has long been a special favorite of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start a conversation!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...